Amorf 06 - Locust Sympathizer


Locust Sympathizer - john henry
3" cdr
available

mp3
(Screeching noises, aggressive sounds and weird use of musical instruments. US duo : Benjamin Hockenberry playing washtub bass, banjo and electronics; and Christopher Drysdale using drums and electronics.)

Review on Noisereviews : "I had heard of Locust Sympathizer before, but noone ever told me they made the most annoying and ugly noise on earth. This duo which uses not only electronics but also banjo and washtub bass, creates, I have to say it, the most atrocious and horrible noise. Ever. I don't know if it's the fact that they're extremely lo-fi, but listening to this 3" makes me want to destroy my earphones and then kill myself, in that order. Chinook Breath takes almost no time to get down to business. After only a few second, the harsh sounds take over your body and destroy you. The high pitched noise actually drive me insane. I usually have fun listening to random occurences of high-pitched noise, but this is noise in all its glory: meant to annoy the hell out of the listener. This is harsher than the likes of IDX1274 and even Oscillating Innards (now that's a compliment). I wouldn't compare this to anything else. What makes this so unique is probably the way Locust Sympathizer make their noise. Compared to a classic harsh noise artist that uses 56 pedals and just makes a huge wall of noise, LS craft their noise so it can sound as annoying as possible. Just go a minute into 'John Henry's New Vespa'. You hear that really loud noise? It sure isn't a pedal. Also, I really enjoyed the use of percussions in this track. Although this may push away certain noise listeners, I find it really interesting. Need I say more? This is annoying noise. No less, no more. But it sure does make you want to kill yourself. 2006 is shaping up to be an excellent year for noise, so far. Hail Locust Sympathizer!"